On this episode of the #mensexpleasure podcast, I chat with Mish Middelmann. Mish is the co-founder and first CEO of a hi-tech software and services start-up in the 1990s, turned systemic leadership coach since 2010. Mish was fit, healthy and sexually active when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in November 2019, at the age of 61. He is now back to being fit and healthy and sexually active in quite different ways after a radical prostatectomy surgery in 2020. Mish and I talk about his diagnosis with prostate cancer as well as the process he went through for surgery and recovery. We also discuss the impacts that his prostatectomy had on his experience of masculinity and sexuality, such as not feeling virile, struggling to get erections, and not ejaculating anymore. Mish also shares how he has rediscovered and reconnected with his manhood and life in general, including his relationship with his partner.
– Mish talks about his diagnosis
– The process of prostatectomy
– Recovery and rehabilitation
– Impacts on masculinity and virility
– Erectile dysfunction after prostate surgery
– Learning new ways of being sexual
– Viagra, penis pumps and dry orgasms
– Reconnecting with a partner
Mish’s Twitter: @RecoveringMan1
Mish’s website: www.recoveringman.net.